LOVE GOD. SERVE PEOPLE. MAKE DISCIPLES.
Hi! We are DUMC.
Hi! We are DUMC. A church for all generations—an exciting community of families, senior citizens, young adults, teenagers, and young children, doing life together.
Our primary purpose is not to make nice religious Christians.
Our purpose is to build passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
And everything that we seek to do is summed up in our tagline 'Love God, Serve People, Make Disciples'. If you’re looking for a church to attend regularly, we welcome you to join our family! It's a Dream Centre—where dreams come alive and shattered dreams will live again. All because of Jesus.
- In the Triune God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is true God and true man.
- That the Holy Spirit is a divine Person.
- That the Old and New Testaments are God’s divinely inspired words.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and are in need of salvation.
- That salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all.
- That it is the will of God that every believer
befilled with the Holy Spirit and lead a holy life.
- That healing is provided in the redemptive work of Christ and is available to every believer.
- That the Church consists of all those who have received Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.
- That there shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust.
- In the personal, visible and imminent return of Jesus Christ.
ALL THAT WE DO
Building God’s community and making
- To evangelise the Klang Valley and to send missionaries to
unreached people groups worldwide.
- To disciple every believer into maturity in Christ and
to be effective in the service of God.
- To advocate community engagement in our nation, bringing
God’s love and justice to a needy society.
In DUMC, our primary purpose is not to make nice religious Christians. It is to build passionate disciples of Jesus Christ. These purpose and takeaways are foundations in the way we do life as a church and live out the Great Commission that Christ has given to His disciples.
Each of these habits determines how we run ministry. They are ranked in this order to recognise the priorities.
We are biblically-centred and God-honouring in everything that we do. When we honour Him, we honour those whom He loves. We cannot honour God and not honour people. And we cannot honour people without first giving God the honour.
We desire to grow in humility, which is in the character and model of Jesus as a servant leader. As we grow towards Christlikeness, humility expresses itself in submission to our Lord and Master. “A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master.” (Matthew 10:24 ESV)
We are open and real about our lives. We create a non-judgemental atmosphere to allow each person to throw away their masks, including our own. Sharing our stories is therefore highly encouraged and will be a regular feature.
PASS IT ON
We are imperfect, work-in-progress people. But take heart and remember the spirit of Apostle Paul in Philippians 3:12-14. As we become passionate disciples of Christ, we too will reproduce ourselves into the lives of others.
Fun doesn’t necessarily mean being comical or silly (though it is ok to be like that sometimes!). Doing ministry and serving others should come from His love for us and this love should overflow to others. So, let the joy be evident not only to others but to yourself too. Serve, eat, play, learn, have fun!
Ultimately, everything we do must be done for the sake of the gospel. It must lead someone closer to Christ. And that’s what makes us DUMC!
“To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.”
- 1 Cor 9:22-23
Now that you know who we are and what we believe, see how DUMC became where we are today.