You are aesthetically driven. With a desire to see ideas come to live, you will be supporting the Communications Manager to put concept into visuals. You are detailed in your work, and will seek to understand the needs of the project/campaign before making design decisions.
As the graphic designer, you will work on a variety of communication materials, such as website graphics, social media graphics, posters, corporate communications, etc. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines. You are very familiar with using Adobe Creative Suite of products, including Indesign.
Direct report to: Communications Manager
You may need to manage more than one design brief at a time and typical activities include:
Project meetings and preparations
- Meeting the Communications Manager, Communications Exec or ministry volunteers to discuss the project objectives and requirements of the job
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes where needed
Ideation & designing
- For campaigns, you will work to a brief agreed with the Communications Manager and will develop design ideas based on the Creative Brief. Where relevant, you may also be required to come up with creative ideas and concepts.
- For stand-alone jobs, you will be required to produce the Creative Brief.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and presenting finalised ideas and concepts.
- Working as a part of the team of other designers, copywriters, executives, videographers, etc.
- Be responsible to liaise with volunteer designers where applicable.
- Coordinates and/or trains other designers in the creative team, including volunteers.