Imagine what goes through the mind of a 7 year old child, walking into the classroom for the first time in his/her life. For some, it is a feeling of adventure and elation and yet for others, trepidation and fear of the unfamiliar surroundings. That similar feeling is often shared by people who walk into DUMC for the first time.
We, starting with the Connectors, would like to make that experience in DUMC a memorable one.
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2 (TNIV)
That’s what we want to resonate – to create a warm and welcoming culture in DUMC and beyond the walls to the community.
Want to join the Connectors?
- Have a heart for visitors
- You must be a Christian, and committed in a cell group
- You are able to serve at the LOFT at least once a month (before & after Celebration – Saturday or Sunday) and/or in church-wide events
- Not necessarily people who are outgoing/talkative – the “introverted” can be great listeners, too!
- All age groups are welcome